At Sugar and Spice Brides we would love to help you find your wedding dress.
Here is some information about how we work at the boutique and also the answers to some general questions we get asked most often. We hope you will find the information useful and if you have any concerns or questions not listed, please get in touch right away and we will be happy to discuss any part of the process with you.
We have given a lot of thought to keeping everyone safe during these times and have decided that at the boutique the following will apply:-
- Bridal appointments are limited to bride plus 2 adult guests. (Apologies we are unable to accommodate children in the boutique.)
- Please bring a face mask with you that you will be comfortable wearing for the duration of your appointment. We require that a face mask is worn inside the boutique by everyone in your party at all times (we will be wearing one too!) and must be securely in place covering your nose and mouth before entering the boutique. This also means we cannot allow any food or drink to be consumed on the premises.
- We will provide a 70% alcohol hand sanitiser gel for you to use once settled in the boutique as we do not have any handwashing facilities on site in a customer accessible area.
- If you, your guests or anyone that you or they have been in contact with are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19 you must not attend your appointment and instead get in touch with us to reschedule your appointment for a suitable date, at least 7 days later.
We are a small family run business and are working hard to ensure we can continue to give our excellent service during these challenging times. If we came into contact with COVID-19 it would mean we would have to close and cancel appointments. Many thanks for your understanding and co-operation and we look forward to welcoming you to the boutique.
- As we sell our dresses "Off The Rail" we ask that you take a look at what we have available before booking to come to the boutique. This is to ensure that there are styles of interest that are suitable for you in both size (dresses can usually be drawn in by up to two dress sizes by a seamstress) and also price point. We would hate for any disappointment when you arrive for your appointment.
- All of our dresses can be found on our Dress Gallery page, please do let us know if there are any particular dresses that are of interest and we can keep you informed if any should be purchased ahead of your appointment.
- As we only have one of each dress available, and we are unable to reserve any dresses, we respectfully ask that you only book an appointment if you are ready to purchase your dress should you find "The One".
- We are currently able to offer appointments on weekends only.
- All appointments will be booked for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- We are currently only able to accept payment by credit or debit card using chip and pin. We are not able to accept any cash payments or card payments over the telephone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will the dresses fit me?
We currently have dresses ranging from a size 8 to a size 16 in the boutique and most dresses can usually be drawn in up to 2 dress sizes by a seamstress.
How do I make an appointment at Sugar and Spice Brides?
You can email us or send us a message through our shop Facebook page to arrange your appointment.
We will always try to reply to your email within 24 hours, Monday to Friday, but it may take a little longer over the weekends and we thank you for your patience. We sometimes find that our replies make their way into junk and spam folders. If you have not heard from us and there is nothing in your junk or spam folder, then please do give us a call or send us a message through our Facebook page. We will never intentionally ignore an email!
Do I need an appointment to view wedding dresses at Sugar and Spice Brides?
Yes, we are operate the boutique by appointment only and every bride has exclusive use of the boutique during their appointment.
What if I book an appointment and then I can't make it?
Don't worry, things happen! We will have reserved the boutique just for you but if you can't make it then please do get in touch so that we can reschedule your appointment if you would still like to visit us another time. Letting us know will also allow us to open up the appointment in our diary and give another bride the opportunity to visit us.
Is there somewhere I can park?
There is free parking in multiple locations within walking distance of the boutique. Free parking for 3 hours is available outside the town hall. Alternatively, we are very close to Waitrose in the town centre where you can park for 2 and a half hours.
What should I wear to my appointment?
You should wear something that you can easily get in to and out of, so avoid outfits with lots of buttons or fiddly zips. Also bring a well fitting bra and, if possible, a strapless one to change into. Some of the dresses will look best with a strapless bra so it’s good to have options to see each dress looking at its best.
Please also make sure that make up is kept to a minimum and we request that you are not wearing fake tan.
Do I have to pay for my dress in full at the time of purchase?
Yes your dress must be paid for in full and taken away on the day. All purchases are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
What if my dress needs alterations?
Most dresses will need alterations of some kind. It is usual for a dress to need tailoring to achieve the perfect fit. We do not carry out any alterations at the boutique, we do have details of independent seamstresses that we are happy to provide but we cannot guarantee their availability. Any alteration costs are in addition to the cost of your gown and are paid direct to the seamstress you choose to use.