- We are now only able to offer appointments to brides who know the style of dress they are looking for and are interested in specific sale dresses/dresses. All of the dresses we have left can be found on our Dress Gallery page.
- We are unable to reserve any dresses, please only book a Closing Down Sale appointment if you are ready to purchase your dress if the sale dress you are interested in is right for you.
- As we only have one of each dress available we cannot guarantee that a dress won't be purchased on the same day as your appointment. If this should occur it is unlikely that there will be the opportunity for us to let you know.
- We are able to offer appointments on weekends only.
- All appointments will be booked for strictly 1 hour.
- Bridal appointments are limited to bride plus 2 adult guests. (Apologies we are unable to accommodate children in the boutique.)
- We only accept payment by credit or debit card using chip and pin. We are not able to accept any cash payments, cheques or card payments over the telephone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need an appointment to view wedding dresses at Sugar and Spice Brides?
Yes, we are operate the boutique by appointment and every bride has exclusive use of the boutique during their appointment. However, if we are in the boutique when you are passing and we do not have a private appointment in progress then you are more than welcome to pop in.
Is there somewhere I can park?
There is free parking in multiple locations within walking distance of the boutique. Free parking for 3 hours is available outside the town hall. Alternatively, we are very close to Waitrose in the town centre where you can park for 2 and a half hours.
What should I wear to my appointment?
You should wear something that you can easily get in to and out of, so avoid outfits with lots of buttons or fiddly zips. Also bring a well fitting bra and, if possible, a strapless one to change into. Some of the dresses will look best with a strapless bra so it’s good to have options to see each dress looking at its best.
Please also make sure that make up is kept to a minimum and we request that you are not wearing fake tan.
Do I have to pay for my dress in full at the time of purchase?
Yes your dress must be paid for in full and taken away on the day. All purchases are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
What if my dress needs alterations?
Most dresses will need alterations of some kind. It is usual for a dress to need tailoring to achieve the perfect fit. We do not carry out any alterations at the boutique, we do have details of independent seamstresses that we are happy to provide but we cannot guarantee their availability. Any alteration costs are in addition to the cost of your gown and are paid direct to the seamstress you choose to use.